Monday, October 8, 2012

Cajun Ranch Chicken Sandwiches


Oh man, was this sandwich ever delicious. I already knew that Cajun flavors and ranch dressing were a delicious combination thanks to this pasta, and I was eager to try the combo again using one of my favorite vehicles: the sandwich! I generously seasoned chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning, cooked 'em up, then topped the sandwiches with Swiss cheese, bacon, and a generous drizzle of ranch. To up the ranch flavor even more, you could add some powdered ranch seasoning to the chicken breasts.

I made three sandwiches and, after devouring two, Joe told me, "I wish you'd made another one of these, because I could definitely have eaten a third." I glowed with the compliment, but what I didn't tell him was that, if I'd made another one, he'd have had to fight me for it -- because I could have certainly eaten two! Therefore, the recipe below is for four sandwiches. :)

On Wednesday I'll tell you about the simple, delicious broccoli I made to go with these sandwiches.

Cajun Ranch Chicken Sandwiches

4 strips of bacon, halved
4 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded thin
Cajun or creole seasoning
4 slices Swiss cheese
Ranch dressing
4 sandwich buns, split and toasted

1. Add the bacon to a large skillet and cook over medium heat to desired crispness. Remove to paper towels to drain.

2. Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning. In the same skillet you used for the bacon, cook the chicken until browned and cooked through.

3. To serve, place chicken on the bottom half of a bun and top with a slice of Swiss cheese, two pieces of bacon, and a drizzle of ranch dressing.

4 comments:

amanda @ fake ginger said...

You make the best stuff! Seriously, I'm gonna move in with you.

Debbie said...

Wow...this looks way better than than the ham or turkey sandwiches I've been having for lunch lately. This is a great sandwich!

Stephanie said...

Just added this recipe (and the broccoli!) to my menu for next week!

George said...

This is an amazing and delicious post and the dishes are definitely worth a try.
Best Fried Chicken in Cape May