Thursday, June 14, 2012

Grilled Chicken Caesar Flatbreads



Last month, I hosted my cooking club at our house for Greek food. The main course (which I was responsible for making, as the hostess) was grilled chicken gyros, so I bought a bunch of flatbreads at the bakery to serve them in. But I misjudged how much my friends eat, I guess, because after they left, I realized that I had a lot leftover. I knew I had to use them for something, and this is what I came up with.

This dinner is one of the simplest, most delicious meals we've eaten lately. The chicken is marinated in Caesar dressing, then grilled, and placed on grilled flatbreads along with a pile of Caesar salad. It's so incredibly easy, and so incredibly tasty. The chicken is succulent and flavorful because of the Caesar marinade, and grilling the flatbreads gives them great texture and a nice smoky flavor. It's a perfect summer meal, since it adds no heat to the kitchen. Mark my words, I'll be making these a lot this summer!

Grilled Chicken Caesar Flatbreads

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Caesar dressing, plus more for the salad
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Chopped romaine lettuce
Parmesan cheese
6 flatbreads

1. Combine 1 cup dressing, lemon juice, and Worcestershire in a plastic container or a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal container and marinate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.

2. Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill chicken until cooked through. For the last couple minutes of cooking, add flatbreads and grill each side until marked and slightly crispy. Let chicken rest, then slice on an angle.

3. Combine romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing, and Parmesan cheese. Add some of the salad mixture to each flatbread. Top with sliced chicken. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What type of flatbread do you prefer?