Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 5.7.12


I hope you're all having a great weekend. We're finally recovering from the nasty cold that struck our entire household last week, thank goodness. Having sick kids is no fun, but being sick while your kids are sick is even less fun.

Thankfully, last week was a relatively peaceful week for me, so I was able to relax a bit and concentrate on feeling better. This coming week is promising to be really busy again, so having a plan in place for our meals is going to be really important. The boys and I sat down yesterday and made the meal plan together, and I must say that they picked out a couple of delicious things! They picked solely on how appealing the pictures were, though...so we'll see how well they actually eat the meals they chose.

Monday: Smoky white bean chicken chili, cheese quesadillas. This is a carry-over meal from last week. It's supposed to be really warm tomorrow, but we'll be eating in our air-conditioned house (usually I wait until after Memorial Day to turn the air on, but it's been so hot I had to break down!), so I'm not too worried about having chili for dinner.

Tuesday: Maple-glazed chicken with pineapple salsa, rice. As soon as PW posted this meal, I couldn't wait to make it. I don't think I'm going to do kabobs -- just grilled chicken breasts. I have tons of rice left over from a get-together for Andrew's birthday last night, so I'll just reheat that to go alongside.

Wednesday: My sister-in-law had a baby last Thursday (I'm an aunt!), so we'll be going to her place to visit and meet the new little princess. We'll probably eat on the way, and I'm taking cheesy sausage penne and some vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookies for the new family to enjoy.

Thursday: It's Andrew's fourth birthday, so we'll eat out. Andrew's choice! I'm resigned to the fact that it'll probably be Chuck-E-Cheese.

Friday: Sloppy joe squares and tortellini salad. Andrew and Will picked this one, so we'll see what they think of their choice.

Saturday: Fried pickle ranch burgers, fries. I'm sure this one is self-explanatory and, I'm pretty sure, a stroke of genius on my part. Fried pickes! On burgers! YES PLEASE.

Sunday: Chicken enchilada quiche, salad. Another one chosen by the boys. Real men eat quiche, after all!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I literally CAN NOT WAIT for you to post the fried pickle ranch burger recipe! You're a foodie genius!