Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 3.5.12


It's March!! Although this isn't notoriously the best weather month for Ohio, it does happen to be my very favorite month of the year. My birthday is this month. Adding to my excitement this year are a baby shower I'm throwing for my sister-in-law, and the release of The Hunger Games, a movie I've been anticipating for I don't even know how long.

With the arrival of March, it also seems as though I've regained my enthusiasm for cooking. I made some delicious meals last week that I can't wait to share with you, and I'm really excited about everything on our meal plan this week, too.

Monday: Grilled balsamic chicken with mozzarella and pesto, noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes, steamed asparagus. This chicken looks absolutely delicious. For the noodles, I'll just toss some thin spaghetti with butter, parmesan cheese, herbs, and the roasted tomatoes.

Tuesday: Buffalo chicken quesadillas. Jury's still out on what I'll serve with these, but I'm sure no matter what I decide on, these quesadillas will be the star of the meal.

Wednesday: Crock pot ranch pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli. These pork chops are simple, delicious and flavorful -- a perfect Hump Day meal!

Thursday: Chicken and broccoli pockets, rice pilaf. I knew I'd be making these as soon as I saw them on Leigh's blog. We definitely have a mutual love of crescent rolls.

Friday: Salsa chicken taco salads. Everyone makes salsa chicken, it seems, and I'm eager to use it in a taco salad.

Saturday: Not-so-dirty dirty rice. I have a roll of spicy sausage in the freezer just waiting to be used in this rice. My friend Allison tried it and loved it, so I'm sure we will too.

Sunday: Burrito chicken enchiladas. We haven't had enchiladas for a while, and these look absolutely delicious.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

can't wait to hear what you think of them!! And we are having the pork chops again too, very excited about those!!