Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 11.28.11


I had the hardest time coming up with our meals this week. I've been off work since last Wednesday, and with all the bustle of Thanksgiving, I hadn't even given a second thought to what we'd be eating after Thanksgiving. I guess I was pretty focused on that one big, delicious meal. This past Friday night, I finally made myself sit down and finalize our menu. Turns out, we're going to be eating really well this week! 

Monday: Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad. I'm keeping the spaghetti pretty basic: store-bought sauce and some sauteed garlic and onion.




Thursday: Mexican baked eggs. I saw a pin for this on Pinterest, but I never actually looked at the recipe. I think I'm just going to do my own thing with this. I found queso fresco for the first time ever in my grocery store yesterday, so that will definitely be incorporated into this dish in some way.


Friday: Pulled chicken Suiza sandwiches -- a quick and easy family favorite to end the week!






Saturday: We have an open house to go to in the afternoon, and then our town's tree-lighting event that evening, so I'm sure we'll be eating at both of those places.

Sunday: Roasted garlic mac and cheese. I've been so excited to try this recipe of Annie's. You really can't go wrong with one of her recipes. Her family suffered a tragic loss on Thanksgiving, so if you haven't already, please go give her family some love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have not cooked in over a week with family in town and what not and I need to get a clean menu done today but I am so far behind on everything, its so hard to get going! Your menu sounds good!