Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chocolate Peanutella Chocolate Chip Cookies


Really, these are chocolate peanut butter Nutella chocolate chip cookies, but I like the sound of “peanutella.” A fun and delicious new word!

And were these cookies ever delicious. I made them on a day when I was craving cookies but had very limited ingredients in the house. Most significantly, I wanted Nutella chocolate chip cookies but I only had one egg, so my usual recipe wouldn’t fly. I quickly found another recipe that called for only one egg, so I was good to go. When I was grabbing the Nutella from the cupboard, I saw the peanut butter, and I thought, Why not?

Nutella and peanut butter were absolutely made for each other, and they work so well together in these cookies. They have a flavor that is out of this world and a perfect texture, too. Joe declared them the best cookies I’d ever made, and they held that title until they were overtaken by the red velvet chocolate chip cookie sandwiches I made recently (recipe coming soon).

These cookies are sinfully delicious and decadent, and you should rush to the kitchen and make them as soon as you can. If your pantry looks anything like mine, you probably already have all of these ingredients on hand. :)

Chocolate Peanutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Lovin’ From the Oven

1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup Nutella
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

1. Mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.

2. Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.

3. Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.

4. Chill for at least 1 hour.

5. Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.

One year ago: Classic fried rice

1 comment:

Gina, A Hungry Teacher said...

I love Nutella too! The idea of adding peanut butter is genious! If I have time this weekend, I will be baking these:) Thanks