Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 7.18.11


Apparently I’m taking a trip around the world with my menu this week. There’s a classic American dish as well as some Mexican, Italian, and Greek ones. Mostly we’re staying in Mexico, though, which is perfectly fine with me.

Monday: Chicken fajita salad with poblano-buttermilk dressing. Everything about this recipe screams “summer” to me. This salad looks amazing and just the thought of poblano-buttermilk dressing makes my mouth water.

Tuesday: Cheeseburgers with caramelized onion and bacon jam, fries. I recently realized I haven’t made a burger for a while, and I thought this one looked delicious. Caramelized onions and bacon – what could be better than that? Yum!

Wednesday: Greek chicken orzo salad. For the past few weeks I’ve been positively craving a big Greek salad with all the fixings: cucumber, red onion, olives, feta cheese, red wine vinaigrette. Since we’re already having a salad this week, I thought I’d mix all those ingredients up with orzo pasta instead, and marinate and grill some chicken to go with it to make it heartier. I can’t wait for this meal!

Thursday: Roasted potato tacos and cilantro-lime rice. As soon as I saw these tacos over at Tastespotting, I knew they would be appearing on my table sooner rather than later.

Friday: Mac and cheese suiza. I’ll be using salsa verde instead of the fresh tomatillos to make this come together a little more quickly.

Saturday: Ranchero chicken crostada. Do I even need to mention how very far up my alley this dish is?

Sunday: Italian BLTs and roasted potatoes. I’m looking forward to trying this fun twist on BLTs that I dreamed up. I'll put some Italian seasoning on my usual roasted potatoes to tie them in with the rest of the meal. I'm sort of wishing I could fast-forward to this time next week so I'd be having this in a matter of hours instead of days! 

No comments: