Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning


Monday -- Soup or Salad: Pineapple chili, cheesy pineapple cornbread muffins. I've been taking some liberties with my categories lately -- does chili count as soup? What do you think? Probably not, but regardless, that's what we're having tomorrow night. Ever since Jessie first posted this recipe, this meal has been a quick and easy favorite in our house. I think the cheesy, pineapple-y cornbread is the perfect accompaniment.

Tuesday -- Pasta: Spaghetti with mozzarella-stuffed chicken parmesan meatballs (inspired by this recipe)

Wednesday -- Grilling: Ribeye steaks with sweet onion relish, mashed potato cakes, garlic toast

Thursday -- Quick and Easy: Tuscan chicken sandwiches, zucchini cakes

Friday -- Burgers and Fries: Sausage burgers on English muffin buns, hashbrowns. A carry-over from last week. I know, I know, it's been two weeks since I wrote a Burger and Fries Friday post. I've been slacking, but I promise it will be back this week!

Saturday -- Regional or International: Bavarian pork roast with sour cream gravy, mashed potatoes with sauerkraut, green beans

Sunday -- Comfort Food: Delivery pizza. Sometimes there is nothing more comforting than not having to cook at all, so I'm giving myself a little break.

Baking: Cookies and cream cheesecake cupcakes

2 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Sounds like a delicious week full of food!!

Lisa K said...

I think chili is a soup because you have to eat it out of a bowl. Bowl = Soup. =)