Monday, May 18, 2009

Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps

More and more I find myself turning to Better Homes and Gardens for dinner ideas. I get a weekly e-mail from them with loads of delicious-sounding recipes that are simple to prepare and use few ingredients. That's where I found these sesame ginger chicken lettuce wraps. Joe and I both thought the filling was flavorful, and with some fried rice on the side, this was a delicious and simple meal. I made a few additions to the recipe, which are reflected below, but you can click the link to get to the original.

Sesame Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Source: Better Homes and Gardens

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size strips
1/2 cup bottled light Asian-style dressing with sesame and ginger
2 cups shredded carrots
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated

1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until browned.

2. Add 3 tablespoons of the dressing, the carrots, the bell pepper, and the green onions to the skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in red pepper. On a large platter arrange 4 stacks of lettuce leaves. Serve by filling leaves with chicken mixture.

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These sound wonderful Cassie. I enjoyBHG also. My go to choc chip cookie is from there.. so are many others:) Ill have to remember this one.

The Duo Dishes said...

These are always so good! We love to order them when we eat out, but it's more fun to eat them at home.

Ashleigh said...

Yum! Would this be the Asian-style dressing by Kraft?! ;) I LOVE that stuff! I use it in all sorts of recipes. This would be an excellent one to add to my weeknight rotation! Thanks for posting it!