Monday, January 5, 2009

Creamy Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes

The other night, I decided I'd do something a little bit different with my mashed potatoes. I had baby red potatoes, and I had roasted garlic, and I had parmesan cheese, so I combined them all together and the results were magical. Hands down, these were the best mashed potatoes I've ever made. Baby red potatoes have an incredible, velvety texture that really worked well with the parmesan and cream cheese I added. And the roasted garlic? Forget about it. Delicious. These are not healthy, but I don't care. I suggest you try them. Immediately.

Creamy Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Source: Cassie

1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup butter (depending on how buttery you like your potatoes)
2 cloves roasted garlic, smashed
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Boil potatoes until fork-tender. Drain and return to pot.

2. Add heavy cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and butter to potatoes and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in garlic and add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum. I make a version of these a few times a month, when I allow myself those damn carbs.