Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ground Beef Stroganoff

Ground beef stroganoff was one of my favorite meals growing up. I have a recipe for "updated," "healthier" stroganoff that I sometimes make, but last night I wanted something quick, comforting, and delicious, and I didn't really care how healthy it was. I had all the ingredients on hand for ground beef stroganoff, so I decided to whip some up.

This isn't one of Joe's favorite meals; he doesn't think it's anything special. But I love this meal. It tastes so creamy and comforting all the way down the throat. It's possibly the ugliest meal EVER, but it's so, so good.


Ground Beef Stroganoff
Source: Cassie

1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 ounces Velveeta cheese, chopped
Cooked egg noodles

1. Season beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder and brown in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until onions are translucent.

2. Add sour cream, soup and cheese to the beef. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.

3. Serve over egg noodles.

No comments: